Nov. 18, 2017
Recap | Box Score | Quotes
No. 9 Ohio State 52, Illinois 14
Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017
Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio
- With Ohio State’s win against the Illini paired with a Michigan loss at Wisconsin, the Buckeyes clinched the Big Ten East Division championship.
- Ohio State honored 19 seniors prior to kickoff on Senior Day against the Illini.
- Ohio State improved to 21-2 in the month of November under Urban Meyer.
- J.T. Barrett passed Braxton Miller to become Ohio State’s all-time rushing leader among quarterbacks. He has 3,070 career rushing yards and is the holder of 35 Ohio State or Big Ten records.
- Marcus Baugh caught his seventh career touchdown pass, a 12-yard reception from Barrett in the third quarter.
- Binjimen Victor tallied his first career multi-touchdown game, hauling in two scoring passes. The sophomore caught an 11-yard touchdown pass from Barrett in the first quarter and a 21-yard pass from Dwayne Haskins in the fourth quarter.
- Mike Weber ran for a pair of touchdowns against the Illini. The two-score game was the second in a row for Weber and his third multi-touchdown game of the season.
- Jonathon Cooper recorded his first and second sack of the season in the contest against the Illini.
- Antonio Williams carried the ball a career-high 19 times for a career-best 74 yards.
- The Buckeyes ran the ball a season-high 59 times for 325 yards.
- The Buckeyes held Illinois to 16 passing yards, marking the second time this season Ohio State limited an opponent to 16 yards through the air after doing so against Maryland Oct. 7. The totals against the Illini and Terrapins marked the least passing yards Ohio State allowed in a Big Ten game since holding Wisconsin to zero Nov. 18, 1989.
- Ohio State has limited its opponents to fewer than 100 yards through the air five times this season and fewer than 20 yards on three separate occasions.