Nov. 2, 2016
RELATED INFO: Game Notes | Coach Rohlik, Weis & Laczynski preview RMU | Season Stats | Player Pronunciations | 2016-17 Team Guide | 2016-17 Roster | 2016-17 Schedule | Tickets | Meet the Buckeyes | Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Robert Morris at No. 11 Ohio State | Friday, Nov. 4 | 7 p.m.
Watch Live | 📊 Live Stats | 📻 Radio 1460 AM | Twitter Updates
No. 11 Ohio State at Robert Morris | Saturday, Nov. 5 | 7:05 p.m.
Watch Live | 📊 Live Stats | 📻 Radio | Twitter Updates
Setting the Scene
• The No. 11-ranked Ohio State men’s hockey team (5-0-2, 0-0-0-0 B1G) takes on Robert Morris (2-3-1, 2-3-1 AHA) in a home-and-home series this weekend. The teams will meet at 7 p.m. Friday in Value City Arena in Columbus and at 7:05 p.m. Saturday in 84 Lumber Arena in Pittsburgh.
• The game Friday will be available for a fee through BTN Plus on BTN2Go mobile apps and BTN.com. Ohio State radio will carry the action on 1460 AM and online through the Buckeye Vision subscription package.
• The Saturday contest will have video streaming through RMUColonials.com for a fee, with a radio feed online.
• Audio, video and live stats links for both games can be found on the men’s hockey schedule and gameday pages on OhioStateBuckeyes.com, with ingame updates on Twitter @OhioState_MHKY as well.
• Ohio State is coming off two wins at Niagara (W 10-2, W 6-2) and is unbeaten through its first seven games (5-0-2) with four straight wins. Robert Morris, 2-3-1 overall, split a home series with Army last week (W 2-1, L 1-2).
Script Ohio On Ice, Postgame Goals Friday
• Friday marks the season debut of Script Ohio on Ice, performed during the first intermission.
• Postgame, youth are invited to the ice to shoot on the Buckeye goal. No skates needed – carpets will be laid out to walk on.
In the Rankings
• The Buckeyes are ranked 11th in both the USCHO.com and USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine polls, the highest rated Big Ten team. It is the team’s fourth consecutive week in the Top 20 of the USCHO poll and the third time in the last four polls the squad is in the Top 15 of the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine rankings.
Buckeye Notes to Know
• Ohio State enters the game unbeaten in its first seven games with a 5-0-2 record. The Buckeyes are the only team in the NCAA without a loss that has played six or more games this year. It is the best start for an Ohio State squad since the 1983-84 team began its year with 13 consecutive wins. The Buckeyes dropped their first seven games to open the 2015-16 campaign.
• The Buckeyes have had balanced scoring throughout the lineup – 11 Buckeyes have at least one goal and 21 have at least one assist and point. Every Buckeye who has played in more than one game has gotten on the scoresheet this year. There are three Buckeyes with 10 or more points and 11 with five or more. Buckeyes make up four of the top five scorers in the Big Ten.
• Seven of the Buckeyes’ first nine games are away from Columbus, with Friday just the second home game for the team this season.
• The Buckeyes are third in the NCAA in scoring offense (4.86) and scoring margin (+2.71) and 11th in team defense (2.14). The squad has scored at least five goals in each of its last four games.
Complete notes are in the PDF above