Feb. 22, 2018
COLUMBUS, Ohio – No. 16 Ohio State routed Rutgers 79-52 on Senior Night Tuesday at Value City Arena. C.J. Jackson scored a game-high 18 points while Kaleb Wesson added 14 on a night when the Buckeyes honored Andrew Dakich, Keita Bates-Diop, Kam Williams and Jae’Sean Tate.
What They’re Saying – Keita Bates-Diop, Ohio State redshirt junior forward
On the emotions of Senior Night
“It was almost the perfect way to do it. Leading up with only a couple days of prep, having a great game like that, and then giving our seniors that sort of walk off. That moment, we’ll remember that forever. Those talks at the end, that was real. That was a lot of emotion. We were so glad JT went last. We were all almost there, and then he finally let out all the emotion that we were trying to hold back.”
– Ohio State improve to 6-2 in eight all-time meetings against Rutgers.
– The Buckeyes have won both of their games against the Scarlet Knights when ranked in the Top 25.
– Ohio State improved to 20-2 on the season when leading at the half.
– Ohio State is 18-3 this season when outrebounding its opponent after holding a 36-25 advantage over the Scarlet Knights on the glass.
– The Buckeyes are 19-2 this season when scoring 70 or more points.
– Ohio State has won nine games this season against Big Ten opponents by double digits.
– The contest marked the eighth game Ohio State has won by 20-plus points this season.
– C.J. Jackson made a career-best eight field goals against the Scarlet Knights.
– Jackson’s 18 points tied his most against a Big Ten opponent. It marked Jackson’s 22nd double-figure scoring effort this season.
– Kam Williams scored 13 points and is now just nine away from 1,000 for his career.