Oct. 25, 2017
Setting the Scene
• The Ohio State men’s hockey team takes on Robert Morris in a home-and-home series this weekend. The Buckeyes (3-1-2, 1-1-0-0 B1G) and Colonials (2-3-0, 2-3-0 AHA) will meet at 7 p.m. Friday in Value City Arena in Columbus and at 7 p.m. Saturday in Colonials Arena in Pittsburgh.
• Friday, the game will be streamed through the BTN Plus subscription package. Ohio State radio will carry the action on 1460 AM, the TuneIn app and on Buckeye Vision on OhioStateBuckeyes.com.
• The Saturday game will be streamed through RMUColonials.com, with a radio feed also available.
• Video, radio and live stats links can be found on the men’s hockey schedule and gameday pages on OhioStateBuckeyes.com, with ingame updates on Twitter @OhioState_MHKY as well.
• In Value City Arena Friday, youth eighth grade and younger are invited to dress in Halloween costumes and trick or treat on the concourse pregame. Postgame, youth can shoot on the Buckeye net.
• Friday is Alumni Night, with Buckeye hockey alums, including the 1998 Frozen Four team, recognized pregame.
Ticket Talk, Parking
• Single game, mini plan, group and season tickets are all available for this season’s Buckeye hockey home games. To purchase season, mini plan, or group tickets, fans can call 1-800-GOBUCKS or email Athleticsales@osu.edu to speak with an Ohio State Ticket Sales Representative.
• Single game tickets can be purchased online go.osu.edu/MIH17single. Ohio State students are admitted free to all regular season home games with a valid BuckID.
• Parking is free in designated lots around the arena on game night.
Up Next … with a Schedule Change
• The Buckeyes host Notre Dame next weekend in the first Big Ten series between the teams.
• The Friday, Nov. 3, contest will be played at 7 p.m. The Saturday, Nov. 4., game has been moved back and will now start at 7 p.m. as well.
Buckeye Notes to Know
• Ohio State is 3-1-2 on the year and coming off a two-game sweep at Massachusetts last weekend, with 3-0 and 3-1 wins. The squad is unbeaten in its last four games after tying RPI twice in its last home games (Oct. 13-14).
• The Buckeyes and goalie Sean Romeo have held opponents to one goal or less in each of the last four games. The squad is tied for second nationally in team defense, giving up 1.33 goals per game. Romeo ranks fourth among NCAA goalies in goals-against average (1.3) and eighth in save percentage (.943), while ranking fourth nationally in minutes played (368:44), starting the Buckeyes’ first six games this year.
• Ohio State is fourth in the NCAA on the penalty kill, stopping 20-of-21 (.952) of its opponent chances.
• Junior Mason Jobst leads the Buckeyes with four goals and six points this season and now has 91 points in 79 games at Ohio State, tying for ninth among current NCAA skaters (t-2nd among juniors) in points.
• The Buckeyes are in a strech of three home games in four outings, the longest stretch at home until back-to-back home series in December.
• Junior Sasha Larocque is tied for second in the NCAA with 18 shot blocks this year, tying for third with 3.0 a game.