|Ohio State vs. North Carolina
|Date:||November 29, 2018
|Time:||7:00 p.m. ET
|Venue: ||Value City Arena, Columbus, Ohio
|Game Notes:||Ohio State | North Carolina | Big Ten
|Special Events:||ACC/B1G Challenge
OSU Faculty & Staff Night - Online Code for a Discounted Ticket & Food Items
Buckeye Club Game - Members can request 2 Free Tickets
Noting Ohio State
- After over two and a half weeks without a game, the Buckeyes finally return to the court for a meaning for contest when it hosts North Carolina as part of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- Ohio State is looking to reverse a trend in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge as the Buckeyes have lost six-consecutive games in the challenge and are just 2-9 in the 11-year history.
- This is the ninth meeting all-time between the two storied programs with the Tar Heels holding a 5-3 edge in the series.
- OSU is tasked with replacing all five starters, its top-six point scorers and 93.3 percent of its total scoring from a season ago. The 93.3 percent is the highest total of any team in the country.
- Grad transfer Carly Santoro has stepped up and assumed some of the scoring responsibility at least early on as she has led the team twice in scoring including a 20-point effort at UConn.
- Ohio State is one of just three teams in the country (Florida St. and Grand Canyon) that have to replace all five starts from last year.
- Ohio State’s 12 player roster boasts eight new faces including five graduate transfers and three true freshmen.
- A total of six Buckeyes have already received their undergraduate degrees and are working in various masters programs this year. That is the highest number of graduates on one roster in the country.
- Point guard Carmen Grande notched her 700th career assist on Nov. 9 vs. Detroit Mercy. She currently has the most assists of any active player in the country, male or female.
- Dorka Juhász recorded a double-double in each of her first two collegiate games.
- Makayla Waterman is the only returning player who has started a game (1) but the five graduate transfers have started a combined 348 games.
Noting North Carolina
- The Tar Heels enter Thursday with a 5-2 record overall and are coming off a good showing at the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands last weekends.
- UNC defeated both UCLA and USF before dropping an 85-75 decision against Kentucky.
- Four Tar Heels are averaging in double figures led by Janelle Bailey at 16.6 ppg. Bailey also leads the team at 8.7 rebounds per contest.
- The Tar Heels entered the week leading the country in total free throws made with 118. They have averaged over 22 free throw attempts per game so far this season.
Series History vs. North Carolina
- The Buckeyes and Tar Heels will be meeting for the ninth time in the team’s series history on Thursday evening.
- Ohio State won the first three games in the series from 1976-78 but since then, the Tar Heels have won five consecutive games.
- The teams have met twice in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge with UNC winning 72-63 in Columbus in 2008 and winning 57-54 in Chapel Hill in 2012.
- The most recent meeting came in the second round of the 2015 NCAA Tournament in Chapel Hill. The Buckeyes battled back from a 21-point hole to eventually tie the game before Tar Heel Jamie Cherry hit a runner from just inside the arc at the buzzer to sink the Buckeyes 86-84.
Buckeyes In the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- Ohio State is 2-9 in the history of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, with the first three games coming against Top 10 competition.
- In 2007 the Buckeyes lost at No. 3 Maryland before losing a close one at home in 2008 to No. 2 North Carolina.
- In 2009, the Buckeyes led on the road at No. 10 Duke early in the second half before the Blue Devils pulled away for the victory.
- In 2010 Ohio State picked up its first win, a 74-46 win over Virginia at St. John Arena, before defeating Florida State, 78-75, in overtime in 2012 when Tayler Hill poured in 31 points.
- Last season, the Buckeyes made a comeback but ultimately fell short 69-60 at No. 14 Duke.