Sept. 26, 2016
Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
2016 Media Guide
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State men’s soccer team will play host to SIU Edwardsville at 7 p.m. ET Wednesday night at Bert L. & Iris S. Wolstein Field at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. The Buckeyes (3-6) have won three straight matches at home this season heading into the contest vs. the Cougars (1-4-2).
Match updates on Twitter: @OhioState_MSOC
Wednesday, Sept. 28
7 p.m. ET – SIU Edwardsville at Ohio State – BTN Plus ($) / GameTracker
PDF: Ohio State Notes
OHIO STATE OF LATE
Ohio State dropped a 2-0 match at Bowling Green Sept. 24 in Bowling Green, Ohio. It was the first time the Buckeyes fell to the Falcons in 11 years. The Buckeyes outshot Bowling Green, 16-9, including a 5-3 advantage in shots on goal.
SETTING THE STAGE
- Ohio State (3-6, 2-1 B1G) is returning to its home field after dropping a 2-0 match at Bowling Green last Saturday.
- The Buckeyes have won three-consecutive matches at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.
- Ohio State is 0-0-1 all-time vs. SIU Edwardsville. The Buckeyes and Cougars played to a scoreless draw in the first meeting between the two programs during the 2009 campaign.
- Danny Jensen leads the team with nine points (3g, 3a) after his hat trick performance in a 4-1 win over Valparaiso las week.
- Jensen is in the Top 10 in multiple OSU scoring categories, including career goals (18), career assists (13) and career points (49).
- Parker Siegfried was named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week Sept. 12 after recording his first collegiate shutout against Northwestern Sept. 9.
- Ohio State returns seven starters from the 2015 squad that won the Big Ten regular season championship and advanced to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament. The 2015 Buckeyes began the season 1-4 before going on to win their fourth league title in school history.
- The Buckeyes were picked third in the Big Ten preseason poll. Maryland was the preseason favorite followed by Indiana, Ohio State, Rutgers and Michigan.
- Senior back Austin Bergstrom was joined by Jensen and Abdi Mohamed on the Big Ten Preseason to Watch List.
- The Scarlet and Gray welcomed nine new student-athletes this fall. The Buckeyes incoming recruiting class was ranked No. 4 by College Soccer news – the highest rated recruiting class in program history.
HOME, SWEET HOME
- Ohio State holds a 106-41-25 record (.689) — 10-2-2 last season – in Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium since the facility opened in 1999, including at least six wins in each of the last four seasons.
- The 10 wins in 2015 broke the school record for home victories in a season. The 2015 squad had a nine-match home win streak, which was the second-longest stretch of consecutive wins in program history.
- Since the start of the 2014 season, Ohio State has a record of 18-6-6 in Columbus.
- The Buckeyes are 3-2 on their home field this fall. Both losses came on a late goal in overtime.
- Danny Jensen has scored 13 of his 18 career goals at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.
- The Buckeyes have outscored opponents, 58-31, since the start of the 2013 campaign.
A LOOK AT SIUE
- The Cougars enter the match with a 1-4-2 overall record.
- Last time out, SIUE fell to No. 17 Loyola, 1-0, Sept. 24. The squad posted nine shots against the Ramblers in the loss.
- The Cougars have scored just three goals in seven matches led by Austin Ledbetter with a pair of scores.
- Kyle Dal Santo is 1-4-2 with a .788 save percentage.
OHIO STATE VS. THE COUGARS
- The Buckeyes are 0-0-1 all-time vs. SIU Edwardsville.
- The two teams played two a double overtime scoreless draw in the only meeting during the 2009 campaign in Columbus.
SOME MORE NOTES
- The Buckeyes are 3-2 at home and 0-4 on the road this year. The Buckeyes have outscored their opponents, 8-4, in the five home matches, but OSU opponents have outscored the Scarlet and Gray, 10-3, in four road contests.
- Five different players have scored at least one goal for the Buckeye this season to date. Jensen and Nate Kohl lead the team with three goals each, while Abdi Mohamed and Austin Bergstrom have a pair of goals on the year.
- Parker Siegfried has played all 840 minutes in goal this season to date. He has 25 saves, one shutout and a goals-against average of 1.50.
- Bergstrom has played in all 840 minutes in the OSU backline followed by Niall Logue with 836 minutes of action.
- Ohio State is 3-0-0 when scoring three or more goals this season and 2-1 when leading at halftime.
LIVE ON BTN NEXT
Ohio State will play host to Michigan State at 2 p.m. ET Sunday at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. The conference match vs. the Spartans will be televised live on BTN.